Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Eggplant parmesan was my favorite go-to meal for vegetarian dinner guests for many years. I've never frozen it, though.

Good ole mac & cheese from scratch. I put chopped onion and bell pepper in mine (OK, and a little sherry, but I guess you should omit that) and top it with seasoned breadcrumbs and freshly grated romano cheese--one of my kids' all-time faves.

Rice & bean enchiladas.

Pasta w/Roman sauce (onions, garlic, bell pepper, zucchini, & tomatoes sauteed in olive oil, with sliced olives, capers, quartered water-packed artichoke hearts, dried oregano, & fresh parsley stirred in, then topped with fresh basil & grated romano). I've had dinner guests request this dish a second time after eating it once. I'm sure you could mix the pasta and sauce in a casserole for reheating, though I've always eaten it immediately.

Quiche.

Minestrone that's thick enough to be called a stew (that's the way I make it).

Corn pudding (talk about comfort food-), maybe w/more chopped veggies stirred in.

Too bad you can't just bake a bunch of potatoes and serve them with vegetable(s) in cheese sauce and chopped scallions. Or refried pinto beans with warm corn tortillas, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce and a Mexican-style cooked tomato sauce or salsa fresca.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.