Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi. This is my first post on this board, altthough I have been following it with interest. Any thoughts out there on Estee Lauder as a cash king type investment to add to my portfolio which is diversified among five sectors. I already own some Gillette, another personal products company.

Here's some of what I've come up with so far. It is the leader in its field: it sells 45% of department store cosmetics. It has a gross margin of 75% and a net margin of 7% (high advertising costs), acceptable under cash king criteria. It has a cash/debt ratio of 1.7. Long term annual growth is projected to be 17.5%. It has a share repurchase program. Earnings per share: 1.79 They make known products. Personally I use the Clinique line.,

Other pertinent details...it only went public in 1995. It has a nice dividend of .34 per share

On the negative side, it is largely family owned and it needs a better international environment to expand abroad. Perhaps it is still a bit overvalued.

I would appreciate any comments on this stock. If I do buy it, it won't be for at least a couple of months anyway. Thanks.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.