Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 23
I'm taking him to the vet to be put to sleep in a little bit.

"Deaf, mostly blind but happy" at his checkup in early May, but yesterday the kids called me at work in a panic because he was getting sick, shaking, uncomfortable and generally very, very sick.

Emergency vet T got him into found a very large tumor on his spleen, pushing all his organs around and putting him in pain.

They were able to give him pain meds and some anti-nausea that make him more comfortable, and we brought him home to say goodbye.

He's clingy, cannot get comfortable and will only eat people food. He's not drinking enough fluid, and you can see him calculating whether or not the deck stairs are worth going down to pee.

The two eldest are going with me to the vet. T had to be at work today, but made peace with the decision yesterday.

Poor old puppy.

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.