Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
elann wrote:
RNWK a Tweener? Not even close IMHO.
I would look at it as a candidate for Rule Breaker.

I agree, although David Gardner doesn't agree. They are solidly a Rule Breaker (search in the RB Port board for RNWK and you'll find the dissertation). They have a huge lead which is quite sustainable in the near future. They are the only company of the three majors (MSFT, RNWK and AAPL) who are focused solely on streaming and digital distribution of audio and video. They have a bevy of partnerships and a strong value chain. They've created an entirely new market segment that is revolutionizing old world media and creating avenues for new world media.

But alas, despite the sustained market share, I don't think that RNWK can be considered a Tweener yet. There is far too much change in this segment of the market to identify a clear winner. In a colloquial sense, they can make the rules, but when the rules can change so fast, such a label could certainly be temporal...

FoolJ
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.