No. of Recommendations: 3
Elastic Delivers a New Uptime Solution for Real-Time Monitoring and Availability of Systems and Services

http://www.theprogressnews.com/business/national/elastic-del...

Elastic N.V. (NYSE: ESTC), the company behind Elasticsearch and the Elastic Stack, announced the general availability of the Uptime solution, a new way to monitor system and service uptime and response time. Part of the Elastic Stack 6.7 release, the Elastic Uptime solution enables users to detect when application services are down or responding slowly and proactively notifies users about problems, even before those services are called by the application. The Elastic Uptime solution is immediately available and can be accessed by either downloading the Elastic Stack or within Elasticsearch Service on Elastic Cloud.

Elastic’s Uptime solution monitors systems, services, and APIs by focusing on and verifying that these services are available and returning the correct response codes and content. Based on Heartbeat, a lightweight data shipper for uptime monitoring, Elastic Uptime is transparent, flexible, and developer-friendly and it can be deployed both inside and outside an organization’s network. By continuously asking the inevitable question “Is X down?,” the Uptime solution supports host availability, service monitoring, website monitoring, and API monitoring, giving IT and operations teams more control of the things that they need to monitor. This enables them to detect issues before they occur and troubleshoot problems faster.

Continued...

Dominic
long ESTC
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 7
Bought 5% stake today.
May fall further, but given current rev runrate and growth rate, it is undervalued compared to zs and mdb.

Should be 375m in ttm revenues 12 months from now.

Current p/s is 24.

If p/s drops to 15, i make 0%.
If p/s drops to 20, it is 30% gain.
If p/s stays at 24, it is about 53% gain.

Would like to see it drop further so i could add more before it runs. The announcement today was interesting:

Elastic Delivers a New Uptime Solution for Real-Time Monitoring and Availability of Systems and Services https://seekingalpha.com/pr/17455884?source=ansh $ESTC

This smells of new TAM via app monitoring...a slice perhaps of similar market of New Relic and App Dynamics.

Dreamer
No. of Recommendations: 1
Dreamer,

Does the potential impact from lock up shares release concern you? If not, why? This is probably the biggest concern I have re ESTC at this point.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I was thinking of a similarity of New Relic's business as well. Good call Dreamer. I also added today.

Dominic
Dreamer,

Should be 375m in ttm revenues 12 months from now.

Current p/s is 24.

If p/s drops to 15, i make 0%.
If p/s drops to 20, it is 30% gain.
If p/s stays at 24, it is about 53% gain.

That sounds like a pretty good reward to risk scenario for such a fast grower. I hadn't taken a position in ESTC yet, but might give it some more serious consideration.

Thanks for posting.
No. of Recommendations: 11
The lock-up may or may not impact the stock. Saavy insiders may see the upside in holding. Some may sell for ST gain from ipo.

I expect they retrace any further losses tied to lock-up fairly quickly.

The stock has been flat since end of Jan, so lockup expiration likely already had an impact. Plus amzn FUD. Mdb eventually worked thru their FUDand exploded. I expect estc can do the same.

To be clear: if it goes lower, i will just buy more, if nothing fundamental with their business has changed.

Last i am saying about share lock-up. Others can discuss, but it feels like a 1000 post between Saul and NPI board on that topic. If anyone had a clear-cut answer and/or crystal ball regarding lock-up, we wouldnt still be talking about it.

I will just focus on estc seemingly endless use cases and growth, until their ER numbers say differently.

Dreamer
I sold New Relic some time ago. First, because it was under performing compared to other holdings, but secondly due to what I perceive as a competitive threat from Elastic. Although, from what I know so far about this new tool, it's a pretty blunt instrument. It simply informs if a service is down. There's a lot of distance between performing well and no service. A good monitoring service will let you know some aspect of the environment is sick but not yet dead.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I forgot the link but from what I read Elastic is specifically not trying to replace a New Relic. Whether that is just corporate speak or not I cannot say, but it was specifically stated. They did not name New Relic but the product category that New Relic is in.

Clearly there are many areas that Elastic and Mongo can replace, such as analytics. Real time analytics with Canvas has many possibilities. Mongo already was pretty good at analytics, and they are developing to increase their ability in regard. It may be that one does not need to leave the database to get visualizations.

I don't think this impacts Alteryx, as Alteryx is more a problem solver using vast quantities of data and not a collector, finder, and then displayer of data.

But search is everywhere. We eFile now in my state. One problem is that the case numbers have different formats. 01-CV-32, some are 2015CV00034, or SE, with different numbers of zeros etc. It can be a pain finding your case if you do not recall the exact numbering scheme that county uses. The problem seems to have dissipated now with one of the eFiling engines we use. Did they move to Elastic? That is one thing Elastic does great is find the relevant data with only partial matches.

Tinker