No. of Recommendations: 3
One of our political parties is offering to make student loans interest free. Wouldn't that just put student loans at the bottom of the list when it comes to paying down debt? Of course the party making the promise are currently #3 and could end up #4 if the Greens do well.

Having dodged student debt myself by the simple expedient of knowing full well that at the time I was in high school we didn't have student loans yet and with 2 brothers and five sisters there was no money anyway.... besides I was excited about the military. Somewhat amusingly at the end of my military "Combat Systems Officer" programming training I was informed that I was entitled to an Associate Degree in Computer Science ... I was too busy getting ready for a move to Germany and not really all that interested to apply. }};-D

I (and my employer) did however ensure that neither of my daughters had to take on Student debt in University. Should add, I am aware of the US situation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/08/17/student-loan...

Tim

https://globalnews.ca/news/4222534/canadian-student-loans-go...

CANADA May 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Canadian students owe $28B in government loans, some want feds to stop charging interest

By Jessica Vomiero National Online Journalist Global News

A petition circulating online is calling for the elimination of interest charges on federal and provincial student loans.

With Canadian students collectively owing over $28 billion in student loans to all levels of government, The Canadian Federation of Students has posted several Facebook ads about this issue, in addition to launching an online petition to have interest charges scrapped.
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.