Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I recently filed my 1040 electronically using TurboTax. I wanted to use the paperless option and chose the self selected pin option where I needed to enter last years AGI info.

My return was rejected stating that AGI info did not match IRS records. I did however, enter the correct information off of last year's 1040 which I also electronically filed.

Why the rejection? Thanks :)
Print the post Back To Top
I recently filed my 1040 electronically using TurboTax. I wanted to use the paperless option and chose the self selected pin option where I needed to enter last years AGI info.

My return was rejected stating that AGI info did not match IRS records. I did however, enter the correct information off of last year's 1040 which I also electronically filed.

Why the rejection?

Sunspots? Seriously, I know little of this program. If you want to check on what IRS computers say about your 1999 AGI, you can call them at 1-800-829-1040. They also might be able to give you an idea of what the problem was with the 2000.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti
Did you file electronically last year?
Or at least do them with Turbo Tax?
If so, did you import last years data from TT?
What do YOUR records show for last year compared to the imported figures?
Are they different?

Last year mine was rejected (I forget why, but it was a glitch between TT and IRS). I resubmitted a couple days later and it went without a hitch.

If you are sure the figures match, maybe give it a few days and resubmit.
I filed electronically, IRS rejected with errors 680, 682 and 678, all having to do with the info in the self select PIN screen. I had followed Turbo Tax instructions, putting identical information in both columns (for self and spouse). Worse, when following the steps set forth in the status report, I was thwarted on selecting "Electronic Filing" by an error message saying that I could not file a STATE return electronically. I never indicated that I even wanted to file a state return. I have no way of correcting whatever is wrong and, worse, the INTUIT web site is silent on my problem. I will try to re-submit as I would hate to lose what I paid for Turbo Tax AND the filing fee without getting the service.
Yes, I filed electronically last year (1999 tax year) and everything went without a hitch.
I also imported last year's data from TT.
My AGI on the self select PIN screen was identical to the printed copy of what I filed electronically last year.
I tried resubmitting. To do so I had to submit a duplicate return because the software didn't allow an uncorrected, same-as-before return. That cost another filing fee. The result was the same.
Thanks for the response. I am about to give up, file my mail to the IRS and try to recoup some of my investment in TurboTax (Original purchase price plus two $11.95 filing fees). You can't get the rebate for the filing fee unless your return is accepted by the IRS and you get your Document Control Number.