Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
EMC, IMO, is definitely worth holding. The next era of technology will benefit CISCO, EMC, and Nokia/wireless. Hardware will still be great, but the future will be to the benefit of companies such as the above. EMC has 70% of their engineers currently working on software to enhance the use/storage of data. The market of storage data is expected to increase fivefold in a relatively short period of time. EMC controls the high end of this market, which allows them to charge a premium--resulting in the higher margins that they obtain (Sun's margins may be better, but Sun's margin are more a result of their workstations not their StorEdge product line). I currently hold Sun, but have been skeptical about its ability to eventually compete more head to head with Mr. Softy. I've held my ground with it, but do worry. They do offer a nice alternative to techies that hate Microsoft. Companies that must use one of their operating systems may end up splitting the business just to satisfy all consumers. TCI kind of did this with their set top boxes. Like I said though, Wireless; Voice Data; Internet--Nokia (or a like;EMC;Cisco)---greatness all over again!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.