Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In 2001 I did some consulting & was paid in cash and stock.

As an employee, I made a $6,500 contribution to my SIMPLE-IRA.

An an employer, I made a contribution of 3% of the cash part of my earnings to this IRA.

1) Should I have included the FMV of the stock I received in the calculation for the part I contributed as an employer?

2) If so, can I still make an employer contribution to the SIMPLE-IRA for last year?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.