No. of Recommendations: 10
Delta BANS all emotional support animals on long-haul flights and young pets from shorter journeys after reports they defecated on board and bit staff - and one person was attacked by a 70-POUND dog

Animal ban brought in after incidents up 84 per cent on pet friendly journeys
News comes after one passenger had his face mauled by a 70-pound canine
In addition complaints over feces and dogs attacking staff prompted change

The news comes after Marlin Jackson was savaged by a 70-pound canine on a Delta flight in Atlanta last year.

Jackson, from Daphne, Atlanta, was trapped in the window seat as the dog bit his face which caused punctures and lacerations requiring 28 stitches, according to the AJC.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6482837/Delta-BANS-...

Hope the airline gets sued for a gazillion dollars for the dog attack on the passenger's face....and the passenger wins......

The rest of the airlines need to follow. Support squirrels and chipmunks and guinea pigs and cats......and who knows what else...oh, right....tropical fish.....

t.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Hope the airline gets sued for a gazillion dollars for the dog attack on the passenger's face....and the passenger wins......

How about the dog's owner?
No. of Recommendations: 0
"How about the dog's owner? "

Likely you'll only get a couple hundred thousand out of a typical dog owner. Maybe a lot less if a millennial type with 200,000 in student debt, a job paying $20/hour, and an apartment dweller...... if they have any insurance at all......and any assets outside a 401K or IRA which are usually untouchable.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm not a big fan of the "go for the one with the most cash rather than the guilty one." mindset.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I'm not a big fan of the "go for the one with the most cash rather than the guilty one." mindset."

Delta was the one RESPONSIBLE for allowing a 70 pound attack animal on the plane to start with. Their policy.

They are equally guilty.

t.
TSA let the animal into the boarding area.
Airport let the animal into the building.

The list of stupidity is endless.
<<Likely you'll only get a couple hundred thousand out of a typical dog owner. Maybe a lot less if a millennial type with 200,000 in student debt, a job paying $20/hour, and an apartment dweller......>>

...and travelling to some obscure location around the world for his "eco vacation." Because NOTHING must get in the way of our educated elites being able to TRAVEL!

Seattle Pioneer
<<I'm not a big fan of the "go for the one with the most cash rather than the guilty one." mindset.>>

Not a lawyer, eh? (I say oozing sympathy!)

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 1
Delta BANS all emotional support animals on long-haul flights and young pets from shorter journeys after reports they defecated on board and bit staff - and one person was attacked by a 70-POUND dog

Animal ban brought in after incidents up 84 per cent on pet friendly journeys
News comes after one passenger had his face mauled by a 70-pound canine
In addition complaints over feces and dogs attacking staff prompted change

The Baron has not been on an airplane since October 2003. Sounds like times have really changed since then... Aaack!
Excerpt:
The emotional support animals have become very popular.

Let's get something straight, if the animal is NOT specifically for a PHYSICAL medical condition, or a LEO dog (police dogs, military dogs, etc), they are ALL "support animals". I think I can safely say none of my furballs are earning income, they are free-loaders and their entire reason for being in my life is as "support animals".

And what about folks that may be allergic to the animals? I love my animals, but I certainly would not bring them into Home Depot, on on a flight. That's rude to the other passengers, and cruel to the animal because they are not always able to behave as you want them to on the flight or in the store.

Kathleen