Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Professor Enns opted to leave Westminster Theological Seminary before his hearing. Some of the themes played out in his dismissal are echoed here on a regular basis,primarily should the bible be viewed as the exact words of god, or inspirational as god's words interpreted by man.

In March, the school's trustees voted, 18-9, to suspend Enns "for the good of the seminary" because his 2005 book Inspiration and Incarnation encourages Bible-believing Christians to accept that the Bible was the work of both humans and God. .....

...the trustee board said Enns appeared to have defied the school's founding principle, based on the 1646 Westminster Confession of Faith, that scripture is solely the word of God.

Enns has degrees from Harvard, so I don't this can be viewed as an issue of credentials. From where I stand, more power to Westminster for having the right to live in the 1600's, just as science has the right to live in the twenty first century.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/25930754.html
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
From where I stand, more power to Westminster for having the right to live in the 1600's, just as science has the right to live in the twenty first century.

I never quite got this part. Why is it that religious loons are obsessed with living in the past? Muslims (many, not all) live in the 10th century. Christians seem determined to live in the 18th and 19th centuries (see, for example, the FLDS and Amish for two obvious examples...plus apparently the Westminster). What's the deal? Where in the Bible does it say you have to live 200 years (or more) behind the times? Where does it call for Colonial dress in that ridiculous tome?

1poorguy
No. of Recommendations: 0
Where in the Bible does it say you have to live 200 years (or more) behind the times?

It's kind of inherent when you're looking to thousand+ year old stories for guidance.