Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 163
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

How does a Rodent go about saying what needs to be said without being considered?

(1) Rude
(2) Obnoxious
(3) Condescending
(4) Elitist

When I posted late last year that I needed to cut back on posting it was because of several thangs.

The main reason I suppose was that I was feeling terribly frustrated that there did not seem to be enough give and take about real issues. Certainly that doesn't mean there wasn't some. I did appreciate all the folks who responded and please let me again say “Thanks”.

I also did not like being lumped in with Mish's Gloom and Doom type of half-thought out ramblings. I could give quite a few examples, but what good would that do? It is only one person's opinion. I do not mind contrary views, but as Knee was so good to point out that is not what this Board is for. I do not want to know a blow by blow account of how one person feels about daily movements.

Oh sure, its nice to have some discussion about TA, FA, the philosophy of using Options, Puts or Calls, as well as “How to short a stock”. All of these discussions can come in a way that is “Educational”. That has been my effort in the past. Haven't always accomplished this as well as I would have liked, but have come pretty close in the intent.

It has reached the point for me that is ……….. how do you say this? ……….. the Board is almost unreadable.

I was so impressed with Dirty Dingus's post that was “Post of the Day”. I think I was the first to read it and was almost relieved that once again someone took the time to compose a worthwhile read that I thought maybe……… just maybe there would be a return to some semblance of Order. A reach once again to place perspective and education above “Hysteria and Hyperbole”. Trust me it is not the message of whether or not we reach NASDAQ 2000 or below that has me distressed, it is the way in which things are now taken out of context, made up, or just have no redeeming value to the average investor that has made this Board so nice to visit in the past.

We are indeed in trouble at this Board. I will not name names. Many have pleaded both here and by email for a return to the Basic Premise for coming to Rat's BroadBand Bandwagon. It is not to frighten, exaggerate, pontificate, or castigate. Please do not take this as castigating an individual. The purpose of the Board is exactly what was in the FAQ and what Knee brought up in his recent Digression Post.

I seldom do this, but one individual has made 23 of the last 74 posts, and very little of that is really adding to the community. Placing posts that just are guessing at rises and falls of stock moment by moment based on “Gut instinct” is not what we should be here about. If that is the desire to post then how about taking it to the Day Trading Devil's Den. From what I see they have lots of fun and that kind of posting would fit in just fine.

Anyone who wants to debate …….. fine. Anyone who wants to educate about a type of investing in general… fine. Discuss TA, FA, NASDAQ, DOW, NYSE trends and such …. fine. Discussion of Broadband chances for dominance in particular Companies …. fine.

I may not be the right person to do this, but I guess it is my last gasp effort. Many folks have liked parts of what has been posted by Mish. I have enjoyed part of the perspective on occasion, but too many things are lacking in cohesive thought and presentation.

When proofing this post I see Bran has beat me to the punch.

Mish……….. it is time to start your own Board. I am sure many would love to continue to correspond and know your latest moves and thoughts, but that was not, and is not the reason we come to Rat's BroadBand Bandwagon. We come to stimulate thought, discuss new ideas, and investigate companies that impact the Buildout of the Broadband itself. Knowing whether or not you like Bank stocks just isn't part of what needs to be here. Boy that was really hard to type out, but it is from my heart.

Best of luck to all Rodents in all that they do.

May the BandWagon continue to Educate, Amuse and Enrich.

I apologize in advance if this sounded personally directed.

Woolybooger………….. Not Debating this weekend ……… that is a certainty
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.