Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I had an equivalent 1099 form sent to me via electronic mail because the company from which I received some income is not required to send out actual 1099 forms. Long story short, I may not be able to print it. When I meet with my accountant, can I just say what I received for income, or will the accountant (I've had the same one for years) want an actual printout? I guess another way of asking this too, is an equivalent 1099 reported to the IRS? Thanks for any info...
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.