Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
(Eric Hines:)I also knew when I filed the original that I'd have to file amended later: one of the companies in which I'd invested wasn't going to send its K-1s until early summer, and I didn't want to wait that long to file (or go through the drill of getting the extension). I didn't worry about this for two reasons: I was going to get a refund, and the K-1 was going to reflect chump change income for me..
Editorial comment: OK, your choice, but I'd suggest for most people that it's a lot less work to get the extension, whether you have to pay or not, than to do an amended return.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.