Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I wonder can I transfer ESPP stocks to my son who is 16 years old. Each year I would like to tranfer 10,000.00 worth stock as gift, so he can pay his own college bills. If I transfer as gift, do I need to pay any tax? What kind of tax my son will need to pay? How to transfer? If anyone know,please let me know. Thank you very much.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.