Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I recieved a form 1099-B (Proceeds from Broker exchange Transactions).
It show's that I sold 140 shares of my company's stock through our
Employee Stock Purchase Plan on 7/12/00 for $93.00 a share,gross
proceeds $12,994.56 .
Enrollment date was 05/01/1999
Purchase date was 10/29/1999
FMV on purchase date $105.81
Our plan charges employees 85% of FMV. So it costs us $50.63 per share.
1. My question is do I report all $12.994.56 as income on sched 1040?
2. How do I report this?
3. Where do I report this?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.