Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Tomorrow is Euro Mike's (Blackduff) 12th anniversary. WOW! OK Mike, you know your way around the world. Where would you like to have your party? We'll follow you anywhere. Just name it.

Hugs.

Verna
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
Hi Verna
I've been to many different places but for my twelfth anniversary, how about going to Paris. It's a little cool (temp) right now but Paris is Paris. It's always nice to visit this city.

We can eat anything you like there. We could order a great platter of shellfish, while we're sitting in a cafe terrace (with heaters). The best place is located on the Champs de Elysee while we can watch the world revolve.

We could also visit the Eiffel Tour ~ it's better than the tour in Las Vegas. Maybe we could visit the Moulin Rouge and catch one of the shows. Certain the girls are not as great as Las Vegas but then it's still a history place to view the ladies. The girls have been dancing there since 1889, so they've gotten a bit tired but they can still dance the Can Can.

This is a city which builds your memories. You will remember this visit forever!

Blackduff
First, congratulations on your 12 years of smoberbility.

Look at what I found for Paris. With you as our guide I'm sure we can do it all before your official ceremony.

Actually, they are all nice sites but I think I like the wikipedia one best. Not sure I can Can Can but will give it a try.

http://en.parisinfo.com/paris-sightseeing/guided-tours-1/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/france/paris
I think that the Eiffell Tower has been decked with Christmas lights. It's probably for Xmas but maybe it's just for my celebration of non-smoking for 12 years.

The Champs will be lit along the main part of the street too.

Blackduff
I think that the Eiffell Tower has been decked with Christmas lights. It's probably for Xmas but maybe it's just for my celebration of non-smoking for 12 years.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Mike,

Vera arranged for that just for you. CONGRATULATIONS ! ! !

Jack G
Vera
Here's the lights you arranged for the Eiffel Tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6WVKVVpO5I

Remember that Paris is the city of light, so we should see a lot of lights for Christmas too.

Blackduff
OMG Mike! This city is AMAZING!!! I'm having a great time wandering around and seeing all the sights. And eating all that delicious food! WOW!

Can you think of a nice place to hold your medal ceremony. We'll meet you there tonight.

Looking forward to the medal ceremony.
*C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S* Mike!! 12, XII, TWELVE years, - that is so cool. I can't think of a more exciting place to spend it, and the last time I saw Paris was 1960! Looks like a couple little bitty things have changed, - including that enormous erector set all lit up like a Christmas tree just for your anniversary.

(No idea you had that kinda pull ;o)

cat
Verna
For tonight's selection is various. I first thought of the George V which is a superb hotel ~ used by Kings and Queens (sounds like us, don't you?). Here's a site: http://www.grandluxuryhotels.com/hotel/four-seasons-george-v...

My second choice would be using the top floor in the Eiffel Tower. Maybe we can tell the current President that's we're special people and we want to see all of Paris in one scope. We could take control of the elevator, so we don't lose time heading to the top of the world. The lights around Paris should be great to view.

My last thought would be the "Bateaux Mouches". These are boats which bring you along the Seine, with large lamps on all of the attractions as we float along. We can reserve all of one boat and have a good time. If we want, we can visit a show, along the float. The owners can arrange a visit to the "Crazy Horse" girlie show. This is like a up-to-date show of "newer" ladies. This show is more for the guys but maybe something can be found for the ladies too. Maybe the Dancine Bears can be running at the same time as the Crazy Horses.

I did consider Roger Le Grenouille (Roger the Frog) restaurant but the only specialty is frogs legs for the meal. But, the place is jumping all of the night. The food is good though.

Verna
We will have to ask if we can bring along a Cat for the night. Dogs are allowed often in France but I'm not sure about a Cat. If they're not allowing our Cat, we have to change.

Blackduff ~~~ I forgot, in France smokers are not allowed in bars and restaurants anymore. What a wonderful law they made.
Wow! Mike, let's do it up right. We can celebrate at all three places, then go to Roger Le Grenouille for frogs legs later.

But first, let's go to the top of the Eiffel Tower for the medal ceremony.

OMG! The view of the city from here is spectacular! No wonder they call Paris "the city of lights"!

Blackduff, please step to the center of the floor to receive your award. It is a gold loving cup, covered in diamonds, with the number twelve spelled out in rubies. A fitting reward for such a nice gentleman as you.

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S

Mike you have brought flair and flavor to this board. We are so grateful to have you here.

Now, let's take that boat ride along the Seine.
Verna
Thank's for this great cup. I'm going to place this cup somewhere I can see this daily. I want to remember that I could start to smoke again, if I'm not careful.

I want to thank all of the people at our forum. You have helped me make this possible with your support for twelve years. The next twelve years will need this support also. I plan on living for quite some more with my old bones.

Now, looking down from the Tower, I can see the Crazy Horse awaiting for our arrival. The Dancing Bears are arriving too, so get ready ladies.

Blackduff
Mike,
Congrats on hitting a DOZEN years. Paris is great but not as great as your accomplishment.

Shelley