Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good article and I thin this guy is on the right path.

Focus on the family Jim Daly.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-focus-family-jim-...
Print the post Back To Top
Couldn't agree more with this librul's comment on the article:

Why are Christians political as Christians anyway? Are they hoping to pass laws that will force everyone else to become Christian? Do they think a law can change someone's faith? There is no place for religion in politics, other than ensuring everyone's individual religious rights. Matters of the soul cannot be legislated. You can preach but you can't pressure. It just doesn't work, unless your goal is a fascist state, of course.

I haven't found a single treatise in the Bible directing believers to get involved in politics. In fact, just the opposite.

Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. ~ Matthew 22:21

Even the 785,000 baby human beings that were aborted in the past year are not my concern.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-cdc-ab...

To say otherwise is to say God isn't in control--which, of course, He is.
Correction: Those areas account for 772,630 abortions in 2009, or about 98.5% of the total reported to the federal agency.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Why are Christians political as Christians anyway? Are they hoping to pass laws that will force everyone else to become Christian? Do they think a law can change someone's faith? There is no place for religion in politics, other than ensuring everyone's individual religious rights. Matters of the soul cannot be legislated. You can preach but you can't pressure. It just doesn't work, unless your goal is a fascist state, of course.

The answer is fairly obvious IMO

Christianity always tries to expand. Any religion will and frankly should

After all, if you have the better path to the best life, shouldn't you want that for everyone else?

If society is doing things that are against what you believe should you not try to stop them?

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's does not say surrender to Caesar. It does not say give unto Caesar what he wants and all he wants.

Of course as government gets bigger, religions will fight with it, and when it forms religions will want to have a say. It is silly IMO to believe otherwise.

There should be real limits on the being able to force themselves on anyone, but trying to exert themselves on right and wrong? Of course they will do that.

Thank God, we have a set of laws that keeps religion in check, I am very happy for them, but the religious are no different than any other group like environmentalists or drill now folks, they have stuff they 'know' is right and lobby for it, so it was written so it must be
lowstudent wrote: If society is doing things that are against what you believe should you not try to stop them?

No, you should not, in my opinion.

It's a far better use of the time and collective effort of a group of believers (in this case, believers in Christianity) to get them to focus on the CORE values of the religion on a one-on-one basis. That is, bring the people into the sanctuary and teach them what Christ says about and encourage them to live THEIR lives that way, not make a big stink about how OTHERS lives their lives.

I have enough trouble with the fact that I'm the worst Christian I've ever known. I can hardly tell anyone else what they should do. One thing I like about my church is that it's strictly and utterly apolitical, the emphasis being on each individual believer's relationship with God.
I have enough trouble with the fact that I'm the worst Christian I've ever known

We should do coffee, you would almost certainly feel better about that afterward<grin>
lowstudent wrote: If society is doing things that are against what you believe should you not try to stop them?

No, you should not, in my opinion.

OK, as for me, were I say very against abortion, rather than minding their won business, I would want my church to gather a bunch of folks together to have a meaningful voice rather than my lone cry.

Folks of a common interest should ban together to be heard IMO

But differences of opinion are what makes the world go round.