Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Apparently, 72% of the US Troops in Iraq want to pull out this year:

An overwhelming majority of 72% of American troops serving in Iraq think the U.S. should exit the country within the next year, and nearly one in four say the troops should leave immediately, a new Le Moyne College/Zogby International survey shows.

http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075

And this despite report after report after report that things are going great over there!!!

deejay7

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
How dare they say that? They're going to demoralize themselves. They must really hate America to do that.
No. of Recommendations: 0
The survey included 944 military respondents interviewed at several undisclosed locations throughout Iraq. The names of the specific locations and specific personnel who conducted the survey are being withheld for security purposes. Surveys were conducted face-to-face using random sampling techniques. The margin of error for the survey, conducted Jan. 18 through Feb. 14, 2006, is +/- 3.3 percentage points.

salongi: I love all this stuff I am suppose to believe with undisclosed sources and locations.

They're US troops based in Iraq. What do you expect!

As I understand it, there are approximately 138,000 US troops in Iraq and this survey (by a reputable pollster) questioned 944 (almost 0.7%) of them. This is a relatively high percentage for a survey. Even so, the quoted margin of error is +/-3.3%, so at best 70% and at worst 74% of those questioned would like to see US troops out of Iraq within a year.

However in another article at the Financial Times that sites the same poll we find this: John Zogby, the president of Zogby International, said US commanders in Iraq unofficially gave their approval for the poll of 944 respondents to take place. The poll was conducted before the escalation in violence that followed last week's bombing of the Golden Mosque. Bryan Whitman, the deputy Pentagon spokesman, said the poll figures were “certainly not borne out in our recruiting and retention statistics”.

Your point being?

The article goes onto site (sic) questions that they were asked which you guys have been pumping out which are untruths to begin with such as Bush claiming that Bush blamed Iraq for 911 and WMD being the MAIN reason for the war.

Bush did infer there was a connection between 9/11 and Saddam Hussein and WMD was put forward as the main reason for the war. Neither of them are "untruths" and all reasonable people know that!

The article also sites anothe poll taken by CBS: "Meanwhile a CBS News poll recorded another record low for the president this week: only 30 per cent of respondents approved of Mr Bush's handling of Iraq." And we all know how honest CBS is, now don't we?

Do you know what salongi, I reckon you just disagree with polls that don't support your views!!!

deejay7