Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Even though our family has been weekend and vac. RVing since '93, we've never put up in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Evidently, this is a popular overnight stay. I've seen only 2 or 3 RV's in the local Wal-Mart at any one time. My next question has to be this: Is there a National Wal-Mart store location guide?

Hammer,

We had heard about spending the night at Wal-marts so I went to their web site and e-amiled them asking about it. They e-mailed me right back and said:

SOME OF OUR STORES HAVE AVAILABLE SPACE, AND SOME DO NOT, YOU WILL NEED TO
CHECK WITH THE STORE MANAGER. I WILL MAIL YOU A MAP WITH A LIST OF OUR
STORES AND THEIR PHONE NUMBERS.

Thank you,
Aldena Chamra
501-277-6921
public@wal-mart.com

They sent me a map and a little magazine. We were told by other campers at Wal-Mart that in the store you can buy a road altas that shows where all the Wal-Marts are for less than $5.00 But I think the map I was sent was more up to date.

We had our very first Wal-Mart experience this summer. We stayed in Winnemucca, Nevada. We even had really nice views and we were right next to the Highway patrol:) There were about 4 or 5 others spending the night too. We talked with one couple who had been gone from home for three months and they had spent 30 nights in different Wal-Marts. That can really save a lot of money when you are on the road that long.

I have also heard that in Arizona the state has out lawed it and you can not stay at ANY store in that state.

Utahtea
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.