Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Even with a traditional IRA I believe you'll still be 'stuck' with the 10% penalty unless you use a 72(t) distribution plan. Geez, I'd hate to pay income tax PLUS 10%!

At least with the Roth you can withdraw your contributions tax-free prior to age 59 1/2.

If I were in your shoes, I'd combine a Roth with a taxable account for my investment savings.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.