Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Ever thought about starting an in-home day care?

Yes, this has crossed my mind and would be high on the list if I were to leave this job. Not sure who would want a crazy lady with two big dogs watching their children, but I'm sure someone is whacked out enough to give it a whirl.

My point is that none of these things affects your net income, which is the amount of dollars coming in, after deductions and taxes.

Right, I clarified later - I am using the term too loosely. I meant "money I can actually spend", and since daycare has to be paid for me to even work, losing work means also losing the associated daycare expense. They go hand in hand.

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.