Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
I've frozen beans before, when I've made a giant batch and had left overs.

I have even used these frozen beans in other meals (soups, chilis) because they were hanging around.

Reading a blog today about saving money, where it's mentioned you should cook beans *TO* freeze, I had a DUH moment.

DUH - I can easily cook a batch TO FREEZE, then have beans on hand. All the time. Without having to buy canned beans ever again.

Jesus, Jorge and Juan - how did this not occur to me before? I've always dealt with leftovers, never taking it this obvious step forward.

I feed a large man, two kids who apparently have hollow legs, and myself (who I must admit is not a shabby eater). I use beans to fill out things all.the.time. Burritos, chili, soup, taco meat, etc. I easily use enough, especially during the winter months, to justify making batches upon batches that go directly to the freezer.

Cripes.

impolite
apparently, you DO learn something new every day
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.