Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
L-Theanine is an amino acid, found in green tea. It has a very relaxing, calming effect without the side effects of drugs like Valium or Xanax.

In short, EVERYONE TAKE A CHILL PILL!!! What is with you guys? I mean, seriously, can't ANYONE just let stuff roll off their back? I don't know who "started" this, and I am not going to get into the issue of whether or not CatherineCoy has tried to "chase anyone off". And just exactly what Fushi intended with the comment about her "not coming to us for help" if she got cancer. Yeah, it was snide, but so what?

If someone is attacking you personally, let it just roll off. Catherine, you believe you are right, and you bring a lot of good info to the boards. Not all of the info can be proven 100%, and of course nobody should believe everything they read. If someone attacks the information you bring, try not to take it so personally. Let it roll off your back.

And everyone else - if you think Catherine (or anyone else for that matter) is posting something that is a load of crap, there is a NICE way to say this. You can point out some piece of evidence that contradicts it, for example. You don't have to say "Catherine, you are full of crap".

Let's all take a deep breath, forgive everyone else who has ticked us off on this board or the other one, and get on with what the boards are supposed to be about.

Julie

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Let's all take a deep breath, forgive everyone else who has ticked us off on this board or the other one, and get on with what the boards are supposed to be about.

And a big AMEN to that!!! In short....act like grownups and not Junior Highschoolers.

Abba
No. of Recommendations: 1

Julie, you are now one of my Favorite Fools! :-)
No. of Recommendations: 2
And everyone else - if you think Catherine (or anyone else for that matter) is posting something that is a load of crap, there is a NICE way to say this. You can point out some piece of evidence that contradicts it, for example. You don't have to say "Catherine, you are full of crap".

That IS how it always starts out, Julie -- pointing out nicely that there are errors in some form.

Then CatherineCoy's typical response claims the poster said things they never said, cites inappropriate documentation, expands her fuzzy thinking. The unwitting poster tries again--nicely--to straighten things out. Of course, the list of items to clarify has now grown to include the ways in which Catherine severely distorted the poster's words. Catherine's reply is more of the same, and before you know it, she has begun resorting to nasty sarcasm and hung the "Official Medicine supporter" sign on the poster. The "full of crap" attitude starts with Catherine, and is eventually responded to in kind. She has insulted quite a number of people--all people who point out how misguided she often is.

This has been the unfortunate pattern on all three boards we have in common--Alternative Medicine, Health & Nutrition, Cancer Prevention and Treatment. No one follows her around in an attempt to persecute or silence her. She is the one attempting to silence those who don't agree with her authoritarian tunnel vision--and then pleading victim. And she's bleeding the life out of these boards.

sheila
This has been the unfortunate pattern on all three boards we have in common--Alternative Medicine, Health & Nutrition, Cancer Prevention and Treatment. No one follows her around in an attempt to persecute or silence her. She is the one attempting to silence those who don't agree with her authoritarian tunnel vision--and then pleading victim. And she's bleeding the life out of these boards.

I feel that I must correct the record.

There are a core of Official Medicine groupies posting here and elsewhere who staunchly defend Official Medicine. I don't think Official Medicine is necessarily evil but it has some really bad karma going for it. I call it Official Medicine because it is, in fact, the medicine "sanctioned," or "authorized" or "allowed" by society through the various mechanisms that society allows anything: licensing, insurance exclusivity, government sponsorship, etc. No one should object to the term "Official Medicine" because that's what it is. On boards where Official Medicine thinking predominates--such as Cancer Treatment and Prevention and Health & Nutrition, people tend to disagree with me because they're staunch supporters of Official Medicine.

On this board, we have a natural affinity for modalities OTHER THAN those offered by Official Medicine. Fewer people disagree with me here but the Official Medicine groupies, who otherwise would have nothing to do with Alternative Medicine, have come over here to disagree with me here, too. So now there are three boards where staunch defenders of Official Medicine disagree with me.

That's really all there is to it: disagreement.

I feel that I must correct the record.

There are a core of Official Medicine groupies posting here and elsewhere who staunchly defend Official Medicine.

Plain flat out wrong!

You apply this label to everyone who disagrees with you, everyone who points out the flagrant holes in your information/thinking, everyone who points out the ways in which you have distorted the statements of other posters. Not a one of these people is defending Official Medicine. They are all simply trying to get you to hew to some standard of accuracy and accountability.

What's more is that you hang this "Official Medicine groupie" label on people who are clearly--based on their consistent posting history--anything but that. You see and hear what you want to see and hear, which makes any attempt at reality-based discussion incredibly frustrating, and absolutely impossible.

I don't think Official Medicine is necessarily evil but it has some really bad karma going for it.

Oh? I don't have time to dig out earlier statements of yours, especially from the Cancer Prevention/Treatment board. I'll just say that this is a highly uncharacteristically mild condemnation of yours vis a vis Official Medicine.

sheila
Catherine - what did I just say about letting stuff roll off your back???

Julie
sheila, what did I just say about letting stuff roll off your back???

Julie
Catherine - what did I just say about letting stuff roll off your back???

Julie

sheila, what did I just say about letting stuff roll off your back???

Julie

Are you the board monitor?

Hey, you could do TMF a real service if you'd go over to PA and clean up THAT place!

Are you the board monitor?

Hey, you could do TMF a real service if you'd go over to PA and clean up THAT place!

LOL - are you KIDDING??? Go to an ASYLUM and try to maintain some semblance of civility?

Julie