Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I was down on Magazine St. last night.

I came across a neighborhood café called, Ignatius Eatery. 4200 Magazine. 896-2225

After talking with some of the help, I determined that they don't have a license to operate as a restaurant, however, they keep the walls "stocked" with various spices, mixes, condiments, etc.

Sort of like a deli/grocer arrangement.

Beer was served "Camp Street" style, which I interpreted to mean Bowery style (in a plain brown paper bag).

I had to open the beer myself, and keep it in the bag.

I am not a beer drinker, per se, but I think I know a decent one when I taste it.

I had an abita springs amber. Not bad.

http://www.abita.com/

BTW, the food was phenomenal!

I had a bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo, and an Angus beef po-boy, dressed.

Prices were easy on the wallet.

>>>
yea, you right!

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Can't beat a Nawlins Po-Boy, it's the bread. I heard Magazine was still closed to vehicle traffic and this was hurting some of the shops there, shame since Magazine is one of the nicer areas if you like antique shops and such.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Magazine is WIDE OPEN.

I came down here in MAY06, and had no problem cruising up and down the street.

Very few shops are closed, due to Katrina.

Can't beat a Nawlins Po-Boy, it's the bread

That may be true most of the time, but Ignatius' beef was great by itself.

I heard Magazine...

Hey, this is no stab against you, but I heard all kinds of stuff in the liberal media about N.O.

Very little of it was accurate.

Most of it was chocolate.
Magazine is WIDE OPEN.
Interesting, probably got the street name wrong. I was born there and raised within an hours drive, but to this day I still get turned around driving in that city. <g>

Hey, this is no stab against you, but I heard all kinds of stuff in the liberal media about N.O.

No offense taken, the news did come from the talk radio I listen too and can be a bit liberal. The show that airs just before the Hannity show that I like, he's anything but liberal.

Anyway, it's Mardi Gras, boil up some crawfish with some good friends drinking a few cold beers. Then walk across the bayou and catch a parade. I do luv this time of year.

Perry
Then walk across the bayou and catch a parade. I do luv this time of year.

I live on Bayou St. John, near city park.

Unfortunately I will be out of town, come Saturday, 'til the 20th.

I got some beads and some King cake me, but I doan make dem prades, no.

>>>
got bugs?