Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Excellent post, Poorguy. I have some thoguhts to add to your last paragraph:

Some say tech is dead. That is horrifically short-sighted. It is only taking a breather after an exaggerated run-up, and an exaggerated fall. I believe the companies I listed above will be even more powerful than they are now, and making all the rules.

Day traders and other lemmings are saying that tech is dead. But they're only talking about the stocks. The only thing that's dead right now is the ability for day traders to make a quick profit on tech stocks. Unfortunately, this also leads to the inability of these comapnies to raise cash for expansion and R&D. But you're right that these will be temporary problems (the trouble's only be going on for a year). Even if certain companies die, the technology will still be with us. If Yahoo goes out of business, will that be the end of the internet? If JDSU dies, wil that be the end of fiber optics? No way. Either those companies will recover in due time, or someone else will step in to fill the void. So don't let Wall Street's predictions, which cover a few months at most, cloud your perception of the long-term future.

Illuminato
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.