Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
expanded to included 2022 YTD (just a guess based on Saul allocations)

Saul
2018 71.4%
2019 28.4%
2020 233.3%
2021 39.6%
2022 YTD -24%
$100 has become $778

Dreamer
2018 46%
2019 60%
2020 78%
2021 79%
2022 YTD -8%
$100 has become $677

Gap is closing.
Because Saul stays fully invested, if all growth bounces, he would gain more traction quicker. Question is if stocks with still-high P/S, compared to other growth stocks, like DDOG, S, ZS, NET, and MNDY, continue to deflate more than the rest in a reversion to the mean.

Also note that Saul outperformed me in the 2 years that had massive drops (late 2018 and of course early 2020). Again, that is largely a product of being all-in, so that when bounce does hit, he gains fast and furious.

It looks like 2018 Nasdaq slumped from about Aug 1st thru Dec 1st, or 4 months. By Jan 1st, it regained about half the losses from Aug.

Good news: we probably bounce back too.
Bad news: we are only 1.5 months into correction.

I maintain everything continues to move faster. This is via increased access to info/data/tools, AI, algos, etc etc... We can correct faster, we can bleed faster, and we can heal faster.

But, still...1.5 months doesn't quite feel like puking in your mouth bad yet. But I am only down 8% from having been largely in cash throughout past month or so, which may mean I am not feeling the angst as much as I would otherwise.

I still want to sell into strength, is what I am saying. Just don't feel like this was capitulation yet. Hoping for relief rally as I didn't mean to deploy as much cash as I did today for the long-term yet.

Everything was bid up, of course, in retrospect. I feel like I am driving thru graveyards when I coast thru the watchlist. SOFI back to $12, OLO at $16, ONDS under $5 and looking like an eventual penny stock, GLBE broke $40, DOCN hit mid-50s, MNDY should be sub-200 shortly. ROKU at 2019 levels.
Only a matter of time before DDOG is under $100 again, imo.

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.