Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Extreme? Hell no. Do you want to see extremism? Go to a doctors office, and see a fetus in a bucket

Remember De Toqueville's words "America is great, because America is good. When America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great

-----
Jedi,
Have you ever loved a woman? If so I'd assume you married her and had
children? I don't know. But, hear me out. I totally am against abortion and when I found out about partial-birth I almost croaked.
During the last election, Leiberman was accused of voting "no" on a partial-birth abortion bill. He did. He answered that it didn't take the mothers life into account.
I was upset. How could the mother's life be at risk at that point,
I wondered? How could a "godly Jew" vote no? I stewed on it a while and then called my doctor's office. One call, one doctor, small rural town. I asked the girl who answered to give me one good example of why a woman would need one of these late-term abortions.
Immediately, she said yes. That year, my doctor, a Christian got two new patients, a young married couple (18,19?). He worked on his dad's farm
and would be taking over---a good life ahead. She got pregnant that same year. Happy, happy, happy. Until she got cancer. They didn't want an abortion and evidently there were some things that could be done that would be of minimal risk to the baby. They tried them all and she was getting worse, her only hope was chemo and it would probably kill and definately harm the baby. Plus, the baby was using strength she needed
to survive the chemo herself.
You love this woman, you love the baby, though you have never seen it.
Without the chemo, you may lose them both----I can't make a law that would deny them that choice and I sure wouldn't want to make it.
One phone call, one doctor, small town. You can't make it black and white! There has to be more said on that 1% other than, "It's only 1%"
and continue on!! That 1% is people. Real live people.
If I told this before, you need to hear it again.
As for DeToqueville, he was correct. But I'm curious as to if he came before or after slavery. I honestly don't know, and hope it was after.
C-span did a special on him--quite a guy.
Beckyz
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.