Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Most of the Texans here have probably already seen this, but maybe not. This is pretty amazing. BTW the city and county won't help him get rid of the stuff, so he's putting it in a ditch - what's to keep it from flying out again?

video
http://www.kwes.com/story/21348426/tumble-weeds-cover-a-midl...
MIDLAND- The winds definitely packed a punch on Monday. Debris and damage could be seen everywhere. That's not unusual, but in Midland, something happened that had drivers slamming on the breaks and stopping to take pictures.
Print the post Back To Top
That'll teach him to tear down a fence that would have blocked most of the tumbleweeds.

I do love me some tumbleweeds. When we moved to Atlanta, a friend sent me one for Christmas and we kept it, putting holiday lights on it every year, until we moved back to Texas from New Jersey. Quite the conversation piece in both places.

What I do not enjoy is the Spring winds. Gah!

Chili
No. of Recommendations: 1
Man, it sure would be fun to pile them all up and light a match to them. It would make a huge fire. How fun would that be! Get out the hot dogs and have a weenie roast!

Art
No. of Recommendations: 1
Somebody needs to invent a way to squish them down into logs so people can burn them in their fireplace, or turn them into fuel some way? They could be used to heat homes? That is a lot of BTU's of energy!

Art
Man, it sure would be fun to pile them all up and light a match to them. It would make a huge fire.

It might be fun, but it wouldn't be a huge fire.

I imagine it would resemble a magician's trick with a huge "POOF!" and they're gone.

Tumbleweeds weigh next to nothing.

Chili
No. of Recommendations: 0
I imagine it would resemble a magician's trick with a huge "POOF!" and they're gone.

Tumbleweeds weigh next to nothing.

Yep. And if you could compact them into logs, it would take about a million of them to make one log.
No. of Recommendations: 4
The iconic symbol of the west, the tumbleweed, is an invasive from central asia.

http://www.desertusa.com/mag01/may/papr/tweed.html

PF
No. of Recommendations: 0
"The iconic symbol of the west, the tumbleweed, is an invasive from central asia." Pucksfool

Well I'll be damned! I didn't know that. I didn't know that tumbleweed was an invasive species. I thought it was an iconic western thing. The used to grow in empty lots in Garden Grove, California back in the early 1960's when we lived there. I also didn't know that Russian thistle and tumbleweed were the same thing. I wonder if bees work it to make honey?

Art
To the news editor:

It's brakes, not breaks.