Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
exwa,

In sha Allah might be part of our language in the same way as e.g. C'est la vie. It is nothing religious, it's a expression most people know from those books I mentioned and, besides, maybe also from the way to speak German of the children of the immigrants.

I knew that impression long before I started to study Arabic.
If you ask your friend from Germany about this expression, ask her about Karl May, who wrote not only books about America (Winnetou) with the hero Old Shatterhand, but also about the Middle East with the same hero there being called Kara ben Nemsi (Karl the German, or better from Austria)...

Tx for the post btw...we'll probably write a complaint letter to Bill ;)

You're welcome.
I guess that MSFT could stop that very easily by removing the word "Allah" from the database of words that are to be substituted. But I doubt that the MSFT guys will have the time to read your letter (the game is quite buggy, and they are working on a patch), but you could write to that direction, anyway:
Tell_CFS@microsoft.com

Feedback
We want to hear from you! If you have comments about or suggestions for future versions of Combat Flight Simulator please send mail to us at Tell_CFS@microsoft.com.

Please note that although we welcome suggestions and comments and read all messages we receive, we cannot provide support via this address and we cannot respond to individual messages.

You can also use this email address to tell us about your Combat Flight Simulator experiences. By submitting your content, you are agreeing that Microsoft may edit and use your content elsewhere on Microsoft Web sites and in its advertising, marketing, and promotions. If that is not acceptable to you, please don't submit your content. We may identify your comments by your first name, city, and/or country if you provide them. We will not identify comments by your last name or email address. We will not add you to any mailing lists.

http://microsoftgamesinsider.com/CFSInsider/Feedback/default.htm

If they don't react, fail to respond or are unable to resolve the problem (I'll notify you when the problem stops), you could also write to:

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
E-mail to letters@nytimes.com.

OP-ED/EDITORIAL
For information on Op-Ed submissions, call (212) 556-1831 or send article to oped@nytimes.com. To write to the editorial page editor, send to editorial@nytimes.com.

NEWS DEPARTMENT
To send comments and suggestions (about news coverage only) or for more information about errors that call for correction, e-mail nytnews@nytimes.com or leave a message at 1-888-NYT-NEWS.
The Editors
executive-editor@nytimes.com
managing-editor@nytimes.com

The Newsroom
news-tips@nytimes.com; the-arts@nytimes.com
bizday@nytimes.com; foreign@nytimes.com
metro@nytimes.com; national@nytimes.com
sports@nytimes.com; washington@nytimes.com

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercenter/help/infoservdirectory.html#a

I guess that the direction news-tips@nytimes.com should work pretty well.

You could also write to

Al Jazeera Channel contacts:
If you like to contact Al Jazeera Channel for any comments or feedback please use the following numbers:
+(974) 447-0463
+(974) 447-0436
+(974) 489-0890

or the e-mail address: support@aljazeera.net

Feel free to quote what I wrote, anyway.

Abe

P.S.: BTW, not everybody liked my post:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18358464

I personally don't think that it is a bad thing to address the shortcomings of some software. If not, we still would not have SP1 (security patch 1) for Windows XP.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.