Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
I have from time to time run afoul of the TMF roolz about posting. I have often been confused as to the reason for deleting my post. Would it not be possible to say why the post was removed other than some vague comment about the TOS? If I don;t know why the post was removed, how can I improve my behavior?

CNC
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Usually it's because the post contained something someone found offensive and complained about it.

But there can be other reasons such as copyright violations, foul language, commercial sales pitch, etc.
No. of Recommendations: 15
Usually it's because the post contained something someone found offensive and complained about it.

But there can be other reasons such as copyright violations, foul language, commercial sales pitch, etc.

You make my point. It would actually be more helpful to say why or how the post violated one or more of the T&C's.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Parenting rule #4 'Because I Said So'. works for me

Now children, if you don't know what you've done...maybe you should just stew on it till you figure it out.
Start a new board if you want to argue about things esoteric. Then debate away, and don't forget to always be moving the goalpost to keep on your toes.
No. of Recommendations: 1

You make my point. It would actually be more helpful to say why or how the post violated one or more of the T&C's. - CNC

------------------

If you think about it, what could TMF say when someone got their feelings hurt for some unstated or vague reason or otherwise found a post offensive when 99% of other readers of that same post did not?

Why do some people join Property Owners Associations when so many other homeowners hate them for their petty intrusiveness? I bring this up because some people are just wired that way, gaining self esteem by exercising judgement over others, hence their hair trigger on the FA button.

I can see why TMF just stays above the fray and deletes the post. And why most of the time it's a big inexplainable gray area why. It would take a lot of time for TMF to write a detailed customized reason why each post was deleted. And doing so would sometimes invite even more time & effort debating whether the reasoning provided for the deletion was sufficient.
Now children, if you don't know what you've done...maybe you should just stew on it till you figure it out.

Yeah, I recall we usta call it "The Thinking Chair".

CNC
"I have from time to time run afoul of the TMF roolz about posting. I have often been confused as to the reason for deleting my post. Would it not be possible to say why the post was removed other than some vague comment about the TOS? If I don;t know why the post was removed, how can I improve my behavior?

CNC "

That would be telling.

Howie52
Secret societies must remain secretive.
Otherwise everyone would understand.
Just have to say this...
Because It's has been discussed many times, here, over time...
Remember who's sandbox you're playing in...

...and feel free to start your own sandbox. OH, that's right... it's called FB!
It would actually be more helpful to say why or how the post violated one or more of the T&C's.

While I can understand your reasons, it would undoubtedly lead to a lot more arguing.
No. of Recommendations: 3
While I can understand your reasons, it would undoubtedly lead to a lot more arguing.

Why would that be? The reason would only be sent to the offender. He isn't requesting TMF post the reasons on the boards.

PSU
Because the offender would argue that the post did not violate standards. We see enough of that on this board.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Because the offender would argue that the post did not violate standards. We see enough of that on this board.

Easy to nip it in the bud. In the email TMF provides the reason for the pulled post, they can add "Any arguing of this decision on the boards will result in some time in the Thinking Chair".

PSU
Did Twitty take the Thinking Chair with him?
No. of Recommendations: 2
I realize this thread is many weeks old, but is it settled that FA'ed victims will simply sit and stew and cogitate, contemplate their navel until they devine the likely answer for their comeuppance?

The original question deserves more.

In the 'ahem' FEW times I've been fingered, the reason for the negative recognitions has been, and remains to this day, indeterminate.

"Just because I said so" seems to be about the most accurate an answer to the whole discussion.

Dunno. That somehow seems quite philistine.
""Just because I said so" "

A "Red Queen" character pointing and shouting "Off with your head!" be more aesthetically
pleasing I agree.

Howie52