No. of Recommendations: 2
Face it...libs want to regulate to death, step by step....this week, no more than 10 shot magazines...then 7 shots...then 3 shots..then no shots.....register every magazine....register every bullet!...fingerprint every bullet!.....every round..ever made. Oh, the paperwork. Fingerprint every gun - test fire it and keep the records forever......hundreds of millions of records........zillions of bureacrats...layers and layers of new government and billions or tens of billions in computer systems. Oh, and of course, big fees added on to 'pay for the program'...heh heh...say $50 per new gun, and $20 per box of ammo......or more.... tax it..regulate it......then outlaw it .....

We've mentioned it before on the board, but it bears repeating:

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?s=%22you+must+be+violent%22...

Excerpt:
Previously, I have accused Illinois lawmakers of being mentally deficient, but I did not mean it as a personal challenge to prove me right!

Whether or not you are violent, if you live in Cook County, Illinois (Chicago) you are set to be the subject of a new “Violence Tax.” Cook County Board President, Toni Preckwinkle, recently floated the proposal for a Violence Tax. This new and unwarranted tax seeks to target the sale of guns and ammunition sold in the City of Chicago and its suburbs.

----

With apologies to Andrew this would be reason 874,221 why I'm glad I do not live in or near Chicago.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.