Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
“Facts are facts; no new broad organizational plan has appeared for several hundred million years, and for an equally long period of time numerous species, animal as well as plant, have ceased evolving…

My last stab at this. You picked up on the bolded part, now I understand. Thanks for patiently explaining your POV. But you still did not provide evidence that counter the bold part. He said "numerous species" . . . to counter that claim, you'd have to ask him "Which ones?", then provide specific counterevidence. You can't do that, because paleontologists can point to numerous species that ceased evolving in the past 100 million years. It's not a disputed fact.

Bryan, I know we clash at times, but that shouldn't prevent us from discussing this professionally. I'll try to do better on my part.

I appreciate that.

Yet, I feel very much like we are all vultures and hyenas, all circling around the same dead carcass that has already been picked clean long ago.

I struggle to come up with something new to say about CvE, and end up saying the same old things. Joe was right.

We're in a rut. It's fun for awhile when new people come along, then the same old.

All I really care about is defending the point of view that there is a rational basis for seeing design, and therefore the work of a creator. Not that the evidence is compelling to the point where no one has a choice.

I realize that those coming from a way of looking at the world that does not allow the existence of the supernatural will not see design. How could they? I can't argue with them . . . we live in different worlds.

Reminds me of an old story:

"Gracious!", exclaimed Mrs. Snip, "and is there a place where
people venture to live above ground?" "I never heard of people
living *under* ground", replied Tom, "before I came to Giant-Land."
"Came to Giant-land!" cried Mrs. Snip, "why, isn't everywhere Giant-Land?"

(Roland Quiz, Giant-Land)

Bryan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.