No. of Recommendations: 0
Just wondering if anyone else lives in the Houston/Sugarland/Pearland area and uses an iPhone with AT&T as their service provider?

For some reason AT&T (one of the world's leading communications providers) service stinks in this part of the country. It's not only me but other family members as well. I can send a text and maybe 30 minutes to an hour later you can hear the zzzziiippp when it FINALLY sends. Here lately Siri has been non-existent. Any time I get any where near a hospital or doctor's office forget about it.

I realize a lot of folks are home with nothing to do but play with their phones but it must be placing a terrible strain on the system.

Come on AT&T get with it. This is the 4th largest city in the country. You can do better.

Regards,

ImAGolfer (retired '03)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
There are multiple possible causes - some are not easy to fix. (When we lived in Atlanta, our house was on a hillside and blocked the nearest Sprint cell tower. Switching to AT&T solved that problem.)

But other things - If you have WiFi in your house, make sure you have turned on Wi-Fi Calling is turned on (This is under Cellular in iOS 13.x)

It never hurts to reboot any electronic devise.

Also performing an update can help. From time to time all cellular service people have updates so that customers can get the best connections. Sometimes being able to get those updates requires a phone update also.

Finally if your phone is paid for, you likely can switch to another carrier. But before you start that check carefully. AT&T generally locks phones they finance and if it is not unlooked you will not be able to switch providers.
I'm in Katy (Cinco Ranch) and haven't had issues like that. Signal strength hasn't always been great, but it's not really noticeable (certainly not to the point of your problems). I've also lived closer(-ish) to Houston (Cy-Fair ISD, Bear Creek) and not had major issues.

dsbrady
Don't know if Houston is in "lock down"/"safer at home" mode, but could be that so many people are sitting around surfing/face timing/Netflix that it is straining the bandwidth of your local towers.

JLC