Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
First of all, let me confess: I'm a NY Jets fan.

With my team comfortably sitting at 2-4 and with no prospect for salvaging the season, I'm left to wonder: are they better off losing?

The bottom line is this. With no QB (and Vinny T. is no QB) even if they were to be the "Best of the Worst" in the AFC East, they aren't going to win the Super Bowl, (or even a playoff game for that matter).

Lets assume that they scrape out 4 more wins in the next 11 games. That puts the final record at 6-10.

Is there anything worse than a TERRIBLE season and still not getting a top ten draft pick?

If they manage to pull out a 7-9 record, it's even worse. At the draft, they would be in the dreaded 15-18 slot where all the GREAT guys are gone, but there are still plenty of "real good" guys. There is no real value difference between the 18th pick and 28th pick.

So the question becomes: Do I actually want my beloved Jets to lose for the "greater good" of the team?

The rational side of me says yes, but the diehard fan side of me says no.

John(andLori)
-(is there any other type of Jets fan?...they always seem to "diehard")

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.