Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This is a follow up to my original post on this topic:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=23175119

I am acutely aware of how hard it is for a "true" fan to root against his own team. So I wonder: is there ANY situation where I could whole-heartedly want my team to lose?

Here is a situation I think might be close:

Your team has a record of 2-13 and is playing the last Monday Night game of the season.

You know going into the game knowing that if you win you will be tied for dead last place in the NFL with three other teams. Those three other teams just happen to be the two teams you already beat and the team you are playing Monday Night.

Since you beat all of these teams head-to-head, you will get the fourth pick in the draft and without question your prized prospect (top QB or RB or whatever) will be lost. The point is that YOUR guy will definitely be gone by the 4th pick.

On the other hand, if your team loses, you will have the top pick and get your guy.

What do you do?

Does your attitude change based on who you are playing that week?

Do you just ignore the game entirely and then huff in disgust "IT FIGURES!" whatever the result?

John(andLori)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.