Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
When I first joined this board 20'ish years ago, I was somewhat proud of my BBQ'ing skills. I loved BQ'ing for my friends. I always volunteered for BBQ'ing duties...Until I was taught by the folks here that what I was doing was only grilling, not BBQ'ing. <bg>

Not only did I learn what True BBQ is from these folks, but I also learned many other cooking techniques, various types of cooking equipment, flavors, spices, jokes, life stories, etc.

I made a lot of new friendships here.

At least a half dozen of those friends are no longer with us today.

But, I did get to meet quite a few of y'all in person over the years.

And, I'm still hoping to meet summa y'all in person before we leave this Earth too.

I'm gonna miss y'all!!

Take care. Be well.

And, Keep The Smoke Rolling!!!

Bill
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Don’t leaf yet Bill, I still gots a few questions, recipes, comments, etc., etc. fur you. My present computer has all the blinding speed of a startled inchworm attempting to evade a praetor & is slowly dying. I just bought a new el-cheapo laptop with Winders-11 on it and will, I hope, learn to use it in the next 3 or 2 years (its h3ll getting old but sure beats the alternative).
;-)

C.J.V. - maybe we’all kin start a new board <axe-u-lee you and udder computer types, I'm too ignorant, me>
;-(
No. of Recommendations: 0
C.J.V. - maybe we’all kin start a new board <axe-u-lee you and udder computer types, I'm too ignorant, me>
;-(

------------------

Canonian has already started up a TMF Refugee board over on discord. There are 75 or so TMF'ers that have already set up accounts there.

Check it out. I am sure he would be happy to set up a BBQ board.

https://discord.com/channels/964158669757485106/964158669757...
No. of Recommendations: 1
Actually, I just asked him on the "general" board if he would be interested in setting up a food/BBQ board. If so, we could have a new home and keep on smokin'!