Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Fascinating, Captain.

Tc scans are used for lots of things. I am curious as to the mechanism that retains the isotope (or the compound binding it) versus patients with less hopeful ultimate outcomes.

DuPont has been screwing around with their business for far too long and it is annoying me.

I guess "Decide what you are going to do, and then JUST STICK TO IT AND DO IT! " is old fashioned in these days where words like "core business" and such are flung about like the last piece of sushi that nobody really wants (such as sea urchin roe, a particular non-favorite of mine.)

DuPont bought Endo (and thereby Percodan, Percocet, yadda yadda.)

Then Percogesic (APAP + phenyltoxamine, a muscle relaxing / sedating antihistamine) was spun off to Vick's. (Yes, that one. I can't imagine selling off an ethical OTC to someone like that.)

They bought, I think, New England Nuclear (NEN) from UC and spun it off. I could be wrong about that. Or not. Poor NEN has been through so much.

They entered into agreements with Merck and others and DuPont Pharma was busy doing things.

Then Endo was spun off again.

Whatever involvement DuPont has in nuclear medicine or diagnostics would be something I would have to check; BMS of course is pretty famous for its established base of chemotherapeutics; even if BMS acquired DuPont's remaining medical assets, it is unclear to me where the agent is being manufactured and by whom. I was not aware BMS was known for any radiotherapeutic or radiodiagnostic agents.

DuPont is refocusing its business. On what, I do not know; I have friends there, so I hope that they focus well.

RSH.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.