Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Fastly's last conference call had the shortest prepared remarks sections I have ever seen for a public company. I believe it was roughly 7 minutes, before they started taking questions. Something felt off about that, in addition to adding only 3 net new enterprise customers.

I think Cloudflare may be winning customers from them based off pricing and other factors. Compare the conference call of Cloudflare which gave a ton of extensive detail on their business, both technical, financial, and sales side.

Also wondering why the usage based model is suddenly hurting Fastly when it's helping Twilio still? Twilio had to make the opposite move of revising guidance up mid quarter.

It is also concerning that image compression on TikTok's side can lower their bill that dramatically. I was under the impression they had purchased a suite of solutions, rather than most of the bill being tied to the size of the images they are serving out.

I'm also out of Fastly now.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.