No. of Recommendations: 0
Who is your favorite no name character on the Simpsons. I'm talking about character's like the pimply-faced teenager who has appeared in many episodes, but has no real name. One time he was working at Olde Springfield Town, another time he was being washed away in a cranberry juice flood saying 'it's crantastic'. Then there is the guy who has loud panicy outburts. In the episode where the teacher's were striking and there was town meeting, Skinner says something about the PTA and the scardy guy yells 'THE PTA IS DISBANDING?!?!" and jumps out the window. When Skinner corrects him, he comes flying back in.

It is the sort of level of character that Gil used to be before he showed up in too many episodes as the same character.

Anyone have any other no name favorites?
Print the post Back To Top
I like the dude in what looks like a John Deere hat and glasses that's in Moe's all the time.
I like the pruny little old man. One episode he's in that I can remember specifically is when Homer's power plant is starting a union, they are voting and everyone keeps saying "Yay" and he keeps saying "Nay" when they vote.

Homer: "Who keeps saying that?"
Pruny (pointing at the guy next to him): "It was him"
Mob: "Let's get 'em"

Hee-hee. He's cute.
I like the pruny little old man.

He's not a no-name character. His name is Hans Moellman.

Agent - knows his Simpsons
D@mn you're good :-)
I like the pruny little old man.

He's not a no-name character. His name is Hans Moellman.

Agent - knows his Simpsons

It isn't Hans. This guy has a voice like Droopy Dog.
D@mn you're good :-)

I know....

Agent
It isn't Hans. This guy has a voice like Droopy Dog.

Hans' voice is a lot like Droopy Dog.

Agent
Hans' voice is a lot like Droopy Dog.

It isn't Hans. This guy was thinner than Hans. You may know your Simpsons, but you are mistaken on this one.
This guy was thinner than Hans.

That episode was in Season 4 when many of the supporting characters were still under development. If that was Hans (I haven't seen that episode in a few months, stinking one show a day repeats) it would have been around his fourth appearance on the show. Season 4 was the one where most of the supporting characters took their final form if they were introduced prior so he might have still been getting tinkered with.

Agent
The guy in question was, to the best of my knowledge, only in one episode,where Homer became the plant union rep & fought to get the dental plan back. They were voting on whether or not to strike & the wrinkly guy was the only one disagreeing & blamed it on someone else ("it was him"), who the rest of the workers attacked.

Jay

This guy was thinner than Hans.

That episode was in Season 4 when many of the supporting characters were still under development

Hate to disagree, Agent, but I think he's right. That little guy looks nothing like Hans. He was standing next to a good looking, muscular man sitting in a chair with his arms folded.

I don't think it was an early version of Hans.

Then there is the guy who has loud panicy outburts. In the episode where the teacher's were striking and there was town meeting, Skinner says something about the PTA and the scardy guy yells 'THE PTA IS DISBANDING?!?!" and jumps out the window. When Skinner corrects him, he comes flying back in.

Definitely this guys. I was just thinking about him.

Naj
No. of Recommendations: 2
I am going to have to go with this character (similar to the PTA guy).

Homer: We'd like to dedicate this next number to a very special woman.
She's a hundred years old, and she weighs over two hundred...
tons.
Man: This enormous woman will devour us all! Aah! [jumps into water]
Homer: Er, I meant the statue...

From "Homer's Barbershop Quartet"

vive la revolucion
-a

The squeaky-voiced teenager. He usually shows up working behind the counter in various service industry jobs.
The squeaky-voiced teenager. He usually shows up working behind the counter in various service industry jobs.

I don't think he can really count. His has an official name... "Pimply-Faced Teenager." Just like "Comic Book Guy."

They may be weird names, but they are not unnamed.
Just discovered this board... I cannot even explain how excited I am!!!

So my favorite "no-name"... well... unfortunately he does have a name but I love him anyway...

"Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel"
"Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel"

Gotta love anyone with such a mean copperplate handwriting style.

Uhura :o)
"Gotta love anyone with such a mean copperplate handwriting style."

If you were referring to the bold Cletus as a "mean copperplate handwriting style" then excuse me for I just learned that little piece of functionality and got a bit carried away. As you can see, I learned italics as well.

DJH ;o)
Oh yes.. I failed to mention that I am new to this board so I have yet to pick up on any nuances that might offend the regulars..
If you were referring to the bold Cletus as a "mean copperplate handwriting style" then excuse me for I just learned that little piece of functionality and got a bit carried away. As you can see, I learned italics as well.

No, I was referring to the episode where Lisa was gathering signatures for some petition or other, and Cletus signed his name with a copperplate hand -- a late eighteenth, early nineteenth century style of handwriting that was very precise and decorative. Think John Handcock's signature, only neater, with a bunch of excess doodads around it. That's what I meant: you've got to love a yokel who writes like a Victorian gentleman.

As for being offensive, heck, hon, I wasn't offended. I intend to use the word "sudiddlyuck" as often as possible, and I already informed my husband that I will leave him in a New York minute if I ever find the real life version of Groundskeeper Willie. The ugliest man in Glasgow is good enough for me.

Oh yes.. I failed to mention that I am new to this board

Welcome!!!

I have yet to pick up on any nuances that might offend the regulars..

There really aren't any nuances that would offend the regulars, I mean c'mon, we watch the Simpsons! We've already been subjected to every type of offense and yet we still watch the show.

Agent
D'oh! How could I forget that episode? I better go back to the tape.

Uhura, due to your fondness of Cletus I imagine that you are quite jealous of Brandyne huh?
Uhura, due to your fondness of Cletus I imagine that you are quite jealous of Brandyne huh?

Not as long as she keeps her laquered paws off Willie.

"Grease me up, woman!"
"Okey dokey."