Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So my phone's been peppered for the past week with text msgs claiming my posts and comments are offensive. The only problem is that I never post and comment very rarely and not for months. I've never even seen my timeline. I only go to FB when I get an email saying a FB friend has an update so I can look at their pics. I don't even go if it's just a link or a memory.

So are these spam text messages or has someone hijacked my FB acct (which is all but unused)?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
You are being spammed. Facebook is like TMF. If they declare a post to be offensive, they just remove it. End of story.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Facebook is like TMF. If they declare a post to be offensive, they just remove it. End of story.

One difference is that if Facebook determines that a post is promoting a dangerous lie, they will remove it for that. They are often slow to do it, but they have taken millions of actions against proven lies. TMF will defend that lie against posters who might use naughty words or directly cite the offending poster's screen name. In that way, TMF actually promotes lying and punishes those that would call the poster a liar.
No. of Recommendations: 1
You are being spammed.

Whew! and thx for telling me. I really don't want to figure out how to contact FB. I don't even remember my password as I've never needed it (when you click a link in an email, it rarely asks--and when it does, I just delete the msg and move on).

It's the same with twitter. I joined so I can read tweets that people/articles link to, not so I can tweet. I never have. I don;t even know how to enter a hashtag to go anywhere on twitter.

=alstro, social media challenged