Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
MF Rulebreaker conflict of interest. Aug '21 MF Rulebreaker "Best Buy Now" recommendations are penned by Mark Zuckerberg's sister, Randi Zuckerberg. What could FB royalty be doing in this neck of the woods? Is she picking up a little pocket money by slumming it with the Fool or did the Fool sell its soul?

After 17 years of paid subscription to MF RB, I will probably terminate my subscription. The house took the liberty to employ industry insider (to say the least) Randi Zuckerberg to recommend 2 of this month's 5 "best buy's now" in the clearest case of conflict of interest I've ever seen. Take a wild guess what I paid to have shilled to me this month. Take the two most obvious in your face choices and you'll be right. Motley Fool leadership are not just breaking rules this time. They have blatantly abused their customer's confidence and lost my trust counting on our greed and starstruck naivety to guarantee the flock wouldn't notice.

After vile abuse of my personal data for as long as I can remember simply because they could, after ignoring my civil rights, abusing my trust, stealing my personal data all these years, and milking me like a head of cattle (Facebook clearly cares more about my data than me) after adopting an illegal program of censorship and blatantly violating the integrity of a US election, Zuckerberg's Frankenstein monster is suddenly schilling junk to my paid Rulebreaker recommendation service from the inside.

I expected so much more from you Motley Fool. I thought I was safe from the Zuck tentacles within the walls of MF RB. I was naive and wrong. Shame on you MF.

Obviously, FB fears a shareholder revolt for its unseemly corrupt practices. Why not infiltrate Motley Fool and make sure their army of investors who follow them religiously don't jump ship with the rest of the rats? What were you thinking Motley Fool? How much did they pay you to schill their junk in the inner sanctum of Motley Fool Rulebreaker paid service? Were you trying to stay relevant by making irrelevant recommendations? I'm afraid I understand too well.

Since when is a woke, pro-censorship, centralized, authoritarian, ethically challenged behemoth on the skids with a proven track record of corruption a "Rulebreaker"? Since never.

Go woke, Go Broke. I for one am not following the bad Pied Piper. There's a reason Cathie Wood jettisoned the Zuck junkyard. I dumped what I had of FB stock at a hefty profit last November, as did anybody on the forefront of tech innovation. It stinks like rotten fish. Sell it to the tourists. I won't own it for any price.

Good riddance FB, or Meta, or whatever alias you wanna call yourself like some prisoner on the run.

Goodbye trust I had for the Motley Fool.

Sincerely,

Docvintage

BTW-

Randi Zuckerberg, a former director of market development and spokeswoman for Facebook and sister to its CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, is a member of The Motley Fool's board of directors. Tom Gardner owns shares of Facebook. The Motley Fool owns shares of Facebook. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.