Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Coupon 7.20% past call date, currently selling above par.

I bought last year at a nice discount, planning to hold until it got called. Since it is a TRU-PS it will almost certainly be called in 2012. The idea was to buy it for the YTC, 9% built-in capgain (due to the discount) plus $0.45/quarter dividend.

Now it's selling slightly over par. It hasn't been called yet, but I could effectively do a pseudo-call by selling it.
Tring to decide if I should do that, or just keep it and collect the dividends until the call.

Selling now would be in keeping with the original planned strategy. Of course, whether it's me voluntarily selling or them calling, I have to re-invest my proceeds. My heart tells me "take the money and run". My greed tells me to hold on and keep collecting that nice 7.2% dividend.

My intellect tells me that I've achieved my objective and so I should roll into another BAC preferred TRU-PS that is still at a discount and will also probably be called in 2012. I'd re-establish the discount but lose a little bit of yield but greatly increase the YTC (assuming that these TRU-PS's will all get called).

Also, the ex-dividend date is Mar 10, so should I wait until then if I decide to sell?

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.