Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I am not terribly impressed with the picks of ABB and AMX but I don't blame the advisors. It is difficult to select international stocks after the first 2 dozens. These are good firms but this wind business is not very convincing. Also high oil prices have nothing to do with electricity production. Other firms updating their infrastructure theory does not work with me. Similarly AMX's penetration opportunity is not that great. Maybe a few years of 30% growth but then what? The threat of competition may not exist today but the risk is clearly there. I have two positions in AMX with an average cost of $43. I will be leaving those alone. I may add ABB later in the year if it gets much cheaper. Economic devastation is in early stages.

So I decided to take advantage of the BBN list and chose to add to KHD, PDS, EDU, HDFC and CGV. I added to SLT also but sold half of ZINC. I think lower cost of production of SLT and its enormous cash position relative to its market cap makes it too hard to ignore. PDS is clearly the riskiest on account of debt but I hope Obama's trillions will save the demand from obliteration. I don't like KHD too much despite its cash position as it operates in a small market. I added to it as a tribute to TMF as entire TMF is going ga ga over this (GG, HG and MDP). Lets see if this makes me rich. Of all the BBNs, EDU seemed most promising. It has a real business case that attracts me. I wonder why I didn't add most to EDU instead of PDS.

Anurag
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.