Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
February is getting into tourist season. The weather is getting nicer, baseball spring training starts mid-Feb with games in March (barring lockouts), and there are usually a lot of activities. A big crowd usually gathers for the men's PGA tournament (usually around the Super Bowl) and hotel rates are high (cheap season is the hot months starting in June and going through August).

I spent about a decade in Scottsdale. I was going to head down to Tucson but when I asked around at work most seemed to think it wasn't really anything to see. Sedona and the red rocks, north about an hr or two is nice for a day or 2 visit. Grand Canyon further north is another obvious tourism place.

Lots of golfers will be out and about (and prices will be $$$).

Lots of restaurants, resorts, etc. although in covid times, I assume the situation is quite different and depending on your perspective regarding good or bad, mask wearing is on the low side in much of Arizona.

I always figured the end of November and December were the coldest months with frost sometimes in the mornings going into part of January but by February highs are often mid 60s-80 although nights will be chilly.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.