No. of Recommendations: 0
What happened to the create poll option? Well, lots of people used it for things that made no sense to poll, anyway.

So, for anyone looking before Fed acts, what guesses are there.

Most prognasticators are now forecasting .25% cut.

I'm going out on a big limb (not that I beleive it, but who wants to go with the progaticators) and will guess they will choose to stay pat and indicate they will cut if they need to later. I predict that the markets will be very unhappy. (I predict the markets will be unhappy with a .25% cut, but they have already backed off from .5% expecations).
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I agree exactly, no change likely, next choice .25 reduction. Did you see this at the Berkshire board. Interesting.

http://www.investorsinsight.com/otb_va_print.aspx?EditionID=587

Hockeypop
I just got home so I don't know if the man behind the curtain has spoken or not. My prognostication was for .25 funds and at least .25 on discount.

Hedge
Of course, if I ran the Fed, I would raise rates by 50 basis points, causing panic among the hedges, then drop them unexpectedly, causing panic among the hedges. As far as I'm concerned, the real solution to disorderly markets is to tax day trading at 90%. It isn't uncertaintly that has led to the volatility. It is verse vica.
I dunno. The Fed has two tools, the funds rate and the discount rate, and both of them are hammers. I'm a tool kinda guy, so I think I'd try to figure out some other tools to use. It's not a fed issue, but maybe the hedgies should be taxed at regular earnings rates instead of as capital gains. One big thing is that we have to be sure that, in the future, any entity that performs banking activities must conform to banking regulations. It might be useful to find a way to spank S&P and the other ratings organizations, as well.

Hedge