No. of Recommendations: 3
“Slowing international macroeconomic conditions and weaker global trade growth trends continue, as seen in the year-over-year decline in our FedEx Express international revenue,” said Alan B. Graf, Jr., FedEx Corp. executive vice president and chief financial officer. “We have launched our voluntary employee buyout program, constrained our hiring, are limiting discretionary spending and are reviewing additional actions to mitigate the lower-than-expected revenue trends

Cheers
Qazulight
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
Slowing international macroeconomic conditions and weaker global trade growth trends continue, as seen in the year-over-year decline in our FedEx Express international revenue: Alan B. Graf, Jr., FedEx Corp. executive vice president and chief financial officer

Anyone priced sending a package FedEx lately? Fees are sky high.

(Even when designating "lowest fee available".)

FedEx revenue decline MIGHT be related to same. Just a guess, to be sure.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Personally I avoid FEDEX every chance I get.

Also, management is geniius when they are growing, its the climate, economy, regulation etc when they are not growing.

However, transportation is often a leading indicator.

I will note that an Architect that I work out with says he is still busy here in Sioux Land.

Cheers
Qazulight
Another issue commonly cited is the firm's difficulty integrating TNT (formerly the Dutch Post Office), which it acquired in 2016 for $4.8B.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/19/reuters-america-update-2-fed...

As a stock, FDX has outperformed UPS dramatically over the last decade. It may be their turn in the ringer for a while. Amazon is a new and difficult competitor to gauge. Most importantly, world trade may be slowing down a bit, which affects everybody.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I will note that an Architect that I work out with says he is still busy here in Sioux Land.

Ayup! Wore my red MAGA hat to Costco today and found the place was busy although it was 10am and the store had just opened.

I've also encountered lines at Albertson's twice this past week. Once late in the evening.

I realize that's a small sample, but I've noticed that my experiences often pretty much parallel what's happening in the rest of the nation.
Speaking of my MAGA hat, I spotted two guys selling MEGA stuff (flags, banners, bumperstickers and such) from their 40 foot motorhomes parked by one of our towns major arteries today. Stopped to check on their prices.

WoW! Those guys sure are proud of their merchandise.

Having decided that I didn't want to spend $10 on an 11X14 picture of a painting of our current president with recent conservative presidents I was getting back into my Escalade when one of them asked "Where did you get the hat?" several times, he was most insistent.

He seemed disappointed when I told him the local Republican headquarters. I suspect he, as an entrepreneur, was seeking sources. That was (asking People where they got stuff) one of the ways I'd find new sources back before I retired.

One of my secrets was to always try to buy from the importer or manufacturer eschewing middlemen wholesalers as much as possible.

Entrepreneurship, that's one of the things that made America great. Along with freedom to assemble peaceably, petition for redress, freedom to bear arms and, of course, the freedoms from ...
No. of Recommendations: 2
Fedex = Canary?

Maybe not. I'm long Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. (ODFL) a less than truckload freight carrier in the USA that has been reporting great results of late. Here is how they compare to one time favorite FedEx

http://softwaretimes.com/pics/odfl-fdx.gif

But international shipping might be slowing as China is no longer as cheap as it once was. Still, the trucker has been outperforming FedEx for the past eight years.

Denny Schlesinger
Thanks Captain.

That is the type of info I was fishing for.

Cheers
Qazulight
Still, the trucker has been outperforming FedEx for the past eight years.
Denny Schlesinger

Seeing more and more ODFL ads on the tube these days...

Can't remember when they started, maybe 12 months ago? I do remember how odd it seemed for a trucking firm to be advertising where they were... Haven't seen a competitor with a countering campaign... yet.

Is ODFL's advanced performance due to their marketing campaign? Or have increased biz revenues added to the budget for advertising? Chicken and egg type question.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Is ODFL's advanced performance due to their marketing campaign? Or have increased biz revenues added to the budget for advertising? Chicken and egg type question.

Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (ODFL) has been doing things right for a long time

https://invest.kleinnet.com/bmw1/stats25/ODFL.html

The Captain
No. of Recommendations: 1
... I was getting back into my Escalade when one of them asked "Where did you get the hat?"

Went to Costco today. Wore my red MAGA hat, of course.

I paid $15 for mine but I see Walmart is selling them for $9.99 now:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Make-America-Great-Again-Hat-MAGA...

Got the usual thumbs ups and smiles as I maneuvered through the aisles.

Heading for the registers I suddenly felt a man's hand on my arm.

Oh oh, was I about to be confronted/attacked?
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=mac_...

Was I going to have to defend my right to free expression?

I turned to see a guy wearing an identical red MAGA hat!

Seems I'm more in fashion everyday!

Although I'm not ready to declare even a MICRO economic trend it does seem that more and more people are declaring their voting preference for the upcoming election. We'll see.
Happy No Collusion Day

Hundreds of Trump supporters carrying placards and wearing MAGA clothing gather outside Trump Tower in New York City for a 'Happy No Collusion Day' rally to celebrate the end of Robert Mueller's Russia probe

Hundreds of supporters rallied on the corner of 5th Avenue and 56th Street in New York City on Saturday

The rally was to celebrate the end of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's two year long investigation into Russian collusion in the 2016 election

The gathering was referred to on social media as a 'Happy No Collusion Day' rally

Senior Justice Department official said Friday that Mueller hasn't recommended any new criminal indictments

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/23/23/11374792-6843383-...
Supporters rallied on the corner of 5th Avenue and 56th Street in New York City outside Trump Tower

Banners were held aloft emblazoned with a host of different messages, like, 'Happy No Collusion Day' while others showed their support for the president to serve a second term and waved flags saying, 'Trump 2020.'

The rally comes the day after Special Counsel Robert Mueller delivered his long-awaited report to Attorney General Bill Barr.

More at:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6843383/Trump-suppo...