Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I understand the deal with the fees a little, I THINK. Although you do shell out a lot of $$ the first year, It makes perfect since why. This company is not advertised like "NO LOAD" funds which you see in magazines. How much do you think those adds cost. I checked. $350,000 for a full page add in Money mag. WOW that's a lot of money. These "no Load" funds do have cost though. Their serive charge is usually around 1%-1.5% and that of destiny is around .9%. I'm looking in the long run here but in the end it all adds up. I am looking to plan this account for my retirement so giving up $1000 the first year of my IRA to get involved in a mutual which shows incredible earnings is worth it. Not many other funds can come even close the the lifetime yield that this fund has and it has been around since 1970. The idea behind this account is to get people to look into the future and try to set a reasonable retirement goal. 33% of this account is Military and 44% is people who use this fund as part of an IRA. So almost everyone is looking long term. If the happens to be a crash or a bear market this fund will ride it out and shouldn't have as much fluctuation as other funds might. Because everyone is looking long term there won't be alot of buying and selling of the fund if the market were to start to slide. You can't get rich quick and you gotta give something up to make any money. If you look at it's track record it is imaculate. I just hope It can keep it up. It invest in good strong companies and the manager has been around 17 years. He is no longer controling Destiny II that's why I am not looking at that one. This guy seems trustworthy. About the contract. If you are opening up an IRA you are going to put 2000 in each year, IF YOUR SMART. So breaking the contract should not be a probablem. Well I would like to hear some more thoughts on this fund. I am still looking into it.

Foolishly yours,
Jacob Ahrens
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.