Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 19
Evidently, federal prosecutors are taking a hard look at what appears to be a large-scale, coordinated conspiracy -- a scheme allegedly fronted by Rudy Giuliani -- to have the Trump campaign’s own slates of electors sent to Washington.

One of the fake electors said that the Trump campaign directed the entire operation.

Federal prosecutors are reviewing fake Electoral College certifications that declared former President Donald Trump the winner of states that he lost, Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco told CNN on Tuesday.

"We've received those referrals. Our prosecutors are looking at those and I can't say anything more on ongoing investigations," Monaco said in an exclusive interview.

Serious question: how is this not a Watergate-scale scandal? Where are today's Woodward and Bernstein? I mean, c'mon.

Please begin the public hearings and expose these criminals.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/politics/fake-trump-electoral...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 25
Serious question: how is this not a Watergate-scale scandal? Where are today's Woodward and Bernstein?

Today’s Woodward & Bernstein is Rachel Maddow. She’s been on this for months and will not let this story die. She has interviewed people in multiple states and just keeps on digging. Kudos to Maddow and her team.

AW
No. of Recommendations: 1
Serious question: how is this not a Watergate-scale scandal? Where are today's Woodward and Bernstein? I mean, c'mon.

Rachel Maddow has covered this pretty much every night for a couple of weeks at least. I rather suspect her coverage was responsible, in the end, for this getting past the reluctance of the Justice Department to really confront the politically uncomfortable truth about what's really going on with the Republican Party today.

SLL
No. of Recommendations: 1
Today’s Woodward & Bernstein is Rachel Maddow. She’s been on this for months and will not let this story die. She has interviewed people in multiple states and just keeps on digging. Kudos to Maddow and her team.

AW: Absolutely right. Maddow has pushed this story with such vigor that the Justice Dept. couldn't ignore it any longer.

SLL
No. of Recommendations: 3

A big problem is that a significant portion of the American population is utterly deluded by right wing propaganda and conspiracy theories. It's hard to for the truth to win out.
No. of Recommendations: 14
Serious question: how is this not a Watergate-scale scandal? Where are today's Woodward and Bernstein?

This is not a Watergate-scale scandal at all. It is much, much worse.

Pete