Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a vanguard brokerage account, but I don't use it.

Received a general mailing from them yesterday to update commissions and fees. They also say that if you have a master limited partnership (MLP) in a Vanguard IRA brokerage account, Vanguard will begin to charge you a fee of $300. It says Vanguard is responsible for filing IRS 990-T for these situations.

I don't know if other brokers will follow suit with a fee or not.

The paragraph that talks about this does not mention whether their fee also includes Roth IRAs, or if a 990-T filing is required by IRS for a Roth
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.